Sunday, November 26, 2006

Unleash the panic!

I'm finding myself in a bit of a pickle with nowhere to turn at the end up my rope, up a creek. (Without a paddle.) I make a very, very small part of my living documenting the exploits of my life as an actor. Up until now I've had a seemingly endless supply of experiences to ridicule (auditioning to play a hamster? Check. Being cast as a boot on a soap opera? Check.) but things have started to slow down, audition-wise, leaving me with little (read: zero) to write about.

Since my niche, as it were, is "My Life As An Actor", what the heck do I write about when there's nothing to write about? Any suggestions, faithful readers, on where to steer this boat?

6 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

I bet you have loads of OLD stories you can still tell, though.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

yeah, what do you do to keep your "instrument" acting ready even if the auditions aren't happening? What happens at the gym? At the places you eat? Taking any classes?

7:50 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

An expansion of valerie's suggestion...

"You Too Can Employ Professional Acting Skills in Everyday Life"

Then you can relate how aggravating it is to please the audition gods. Especially when they are idiots!

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could just write about everyday life in New York City. You have a bounty of people, events, aggravations, etc., to inspire you and with your witty style, lots of people would enjoy reading it.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with mare-mare. To start things off, you could dress in one of those cute tiger outfits and report back on people's reactions.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Dan G said...

Write about how you feed your career motivation. How do you keep yourself dedicated to your dream? You know, things like gossip TV, Scientology websites, Gawker Stalker...

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home