Thursday, November 09, 2006

The blog brought to you by the Ketchup Board

I'm buying myself a Christmas present. What could it be, you ask? A year's subscription to US Weekly? A pair of cashmere slippers? A gigantic box of chocolates from Vosges that'll last me a year since I'm only eating sugar on weekends?

Tickets to A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION!

Golly, I love me some Garrison Keillor. He's so down homesy and folksy and nice. (Actually I hear he's not so nice but I'll ignore those rumors, just like I do with my beloved Bing Crosby.) He's doing two weekends at Town Hall (where I once performed in a little circle of hell known as "children's theater") and by God, I'll be there! The real decision is this: Do I go to the (substantially cheaper) Friday night performance which is probably more of a rehearsal than an actual "show" or go to the (significantly more expensive) LIVE BROADCAST show? The ham in me knows which one she'd rather see but the pocketbook tells me otherwise. ($36 or $62... $36 or $62...)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh! I love Prairie Home Companion! What I love the most about the show, though, is the sound effects guy. He's friggin amazing. My vote is to splurge and go to the Live Broadcast show.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO LIVE GO LIVE GO LIVE!

I love Prairie Home Companion. We have not been able to go the past few times they have been 'round these parts.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look, bitch. You think you can call me an asshole on your blog and get away with it? You'll be hearing from my lawyers, and if you still dare to turn up to my show at Town Hall, I'll have security take you to the back alley and beat you into tomorrow. Choose a show, any show. When that combat boot connects with your skull, you won't give a shit if you're at the warm-up or live version.

I grew up in Minnesota. I survived a childhood of arctic chill. And this was before the so-called global warming. So do not fuck with Garrison K.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home