Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Grrr.

Okay, this whole Jack Frost nipping at my nose weather pattern? Booshit. You may scoff at life in "seasonless" LA (it gets pretty farking cold there, by the way) but if I never had to wear gloves again, I'd be fine, sister. (She says, while casting a worried glance toward the ozone layer.)

Speaking of gloves, looks like it's time to buy this season's first pair. While most people just dig through their closet for last year's, mine always always always disappear. Where the hell do those things go?! I swear, I lose at least three pairs each season. (Not the whole pair mind you - because that would make sense. Just one. Every. Time.)

You know what else I need? (Quiet, Gunderman.) An attractive winter hat that doesn't squash my hair. Seriously, that shit can drive a girl bananas.

3 Comments:

Blogger mmcwatters said...

Ah, winter in L.A.

I remember fondly the smell of the holiday turkey barbecuing in the backyard, my father wearing his favorite holiday shirt and shorts.

We would drive to Santa Claus lane in Tarzana (yes, named after the fictional character because Edgar Rice Burroughs had built an estate in that particular portion of the San Fernando Valley) and look at the beautiful 'snow' people had strewn about their yards and houses.

If we were feeling particularly seasonal, we'd trudge over to the Fashion Square mall in North Hollywood where they had an air-conditioned ice rink.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter hats are never good for we people of the curly hair. I just let my head freeze and complain because my vanity will not allow me to tolerate the Bozo the Clown effect I get when wearing a winter hat.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

ACK! The dreaded winter hat! I haven't worn one in years. Not since I was forced to wear the one my grandma knitted for me...bright pink with the fuzzy ball on top. Maybe growing up and having to pay bills isn't all bad.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home