Monday, October 16, 2006

Subject line of the day: "Interview ended in a planet, is twisted in the might"

I love fan mail. I wish I could be all cool and whatevs about it but it gives me a little giggle when someone sends me some electronic approval. I just got an email from a guy in Topeka who runs an online review site and if I ever decide to write a book on my exploits, he wants to review it. (Is it anti-reviewer-like to tell the writer in advance that you're going to give them a rave? Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

More importantly, I made my first pot roast! I haven't actually tasted it yet, seeing as how it took four hours to cook. (And that was with the help of pre-made beef stock. Bet June Cleaver's wasn't organic.) Matt and I also gave the house a thorough cleaning (I covet that hotel toilet shine) and did some laundry (sheet night). All this AND I got caught up with my Project Runway (will Jeffrey get kicked off? Is Laura the most irritating woman in the world?) and Gilmore Girls! (Lauren Graham, while still brilliant and quippy, is not aging well.)

And how was your weekend?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali, honey, pot roast is SUPPOSED to take a long time. I roast mine for 5 or 6 hours -- the longer, the better. Makes the beef tender and blends all those delicious flavors together. Take it from one who's done too many pot roasts to count -- the best cut of beef is a rump roast. Just offering some old bat advice...

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home