Thursday, October 26, 2006

Here comes Santy Claus.

Last night I got to go to Duane-Reade (the Walgreen's of NYC, for those not in the know) to pick up some Pepto for my hard workin' man. I must confess - I live for drugstores. Seriously, I can spend a solid day and a half wandering the aisles; comparing prices, checking out the latest candy selections, thumbing through the ample supply of magazines... If the store has a half-off rack, forget it. You're not seeing me for a week, sailor. So with this in mind I pulled open the heavy glass doors, smiled at the lone, bored "security guard" (clearly just an employee who pulled the short straw that day) and stopped dead in my tracks.

Christmas lights.

They're already putting up Christmas lights.

Now I realize that there's only sixty more shopping days until the fat man arrives. I realize that, with fuel prices being what they are, it was probably more economical to ship out Christmas stuff with Halloween stuff. Most importantly, I realize that RETAILERS ARE INSANE. This year, why bother taking the inflatable candy canes and plastic trees down at all? Just keep the suckers up all year! It might look a mite silly having sprayed on "snow" lining your windows come July, but Retailers, don't listen to those pesky nay-sayers. They're just jealous because they didn't think to bring out the Easter candy in February like you did!

(Psst. If you're planning on traveling this season, get your tickets now. We waited a week to buy our Christmas flights and they went up $300 and almost every seat on two of our flights was already sold. Just so's you know.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is about to give me a panic attack. I can NOT think about Christmas yet, not with Halloween parties to plan and execute, and we haven't even decided where we are going to have Thanksgiving and the house is a mess and then there is #1's birthday and OH MY GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:54 AM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yeah, I had to do some very creative thinking to get out to visit Doyce in November and December (not for either of the holidays, mind you) and not pay an arm and a leg. I got a little tricky with frequent flier miles, and only had to pay for one round trip, but that still cost me DOUBLE what it usually costs to fly.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home