Sunday, November 05, 2006

And a pair of those awesome Coach boots.

Today I begin the hunt - the hunt for the world's warmest pair of gloves. New York winters fucking bite, not only because it gets colder than the Arctic's tit but because you can't escape. You're out there, man! The only break, if you can call it that, is the subway which... oh God, I can't even think about it. So Ali needs some gloves. I don't know why it's so hard to find what I want. All I ask is they they be warm enough to withstand sub-zero temperatures but thin enough for me to be able to handle my keys, and stylish enough to be... stylish. "Thinsulate"? Sister, please. I laugh at your piddly "Thinsulate".

Speaking of shopping, it's almost practically nearly Christmas. I was thinking about my list and you know what I want? What I truly, deeply want? More than almost anything in the world except for a Burberry raincoat and world peace? A really sharp pair of scissors.

Yeah.

Okay, that is so adult it's slightly vomitous. A really sharp pair of scissors? What the fuck?! That's just... wow. But you know what? I need scissors and would never buy something that boring for myself (scratch that - bought a pair last night) but scissors aren't the problem. Here's the bigger question: When did I become boring? I used to sit on my grandma's couch poring over the J.C. Penney catalog for DAYS and wanted (and, surprise-surprise, got) great fucking stuff! Cabbage Patch Kids! A miniature Frogger video game! Barbies beyond belief!

And look at me now. Scissors.

Lest you think that scissors are the exception and the rest of my list is all elephants and migets, here's a peek into my heart's deepest, deepest desires.

Alisha's Christmas List, 2006

- A new duvet cover! (in white or cream. Don't want to go too crazy.)
- Paper towels! (Seventh Generation, ordered in bulk from Amazon to save a few bucks.)
- Books! (The Wives of Henry VIII by Antonia Frazier; Queen of Fashion: What Marie Antoinette Wore to the Revolution by Caroline Weber; Bill Bryson's new book)
- Undereye cream! (Kiehl's Vitamin E Cream. The shit is genius.)
- A magazine rack!
- Fluffy pillows!
- Socks! (I can't believe I'm typing this...)

Wow. Wow.

Please tell me you want lame things too. Please.

2 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

I think I can relate. My preliminary Christmas list includes new shelves and a desk from Crate and Barrel, a new sheet of sheets (someone I know's been babbling about the wonderful properties of high thread counts), new everyday dishes for the kitchen, a new set of silverware, and a new apartment to put it all in.

Plus, ya know, cashmere and jewelry and tech toys!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good set of kitchen knives, a porch swing, a new area rug for the living room, new carpet for the hall upstairs, a new mattress for our bed, new tennies, new windows for the entire house.

Yup, I think my list scores pretty high in the lame and boring categories. Many items also score high in the "not likely to get them" category.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home