Thursday, July 06, 2006

Go, unbalanced gay boy, go!

Sometimes I hear people say stuff on the teevee (usually the reality kind) that I so, so, SO want to claim as my own. Case in point: So You Think You Can Dance. Lately they've been filling time with the standard "embarrassing audition" footage that William Hung made so famous. I like that stuff all right but after the seventh round of predictable belittling it gets a touch old.

Until this dude showed up.

Two words: Flaming. Mink. Dude was as fabulous as fabulous could be, strolling onstage with a stole tossed over his dance clothes. With an entrance like that, he had me at "Where can I hang my mink?" Then he danced. Seeing as how we were watching the Worst Of part of the evening it was, of course, awful.

But then - but then! The judges proceeded to rain on his parade and he FREAKED! Freaked as only a dancing queen with a ratty mink can freak! He was so mad I think I saw spittle! How dare they tell him he can't dance! How dare they!

"I EXUBERATED FANTASTICISMS!"

I think I saw stars, it was so beautiful. "I exuberated fantasticisms!" Feel it in your mouth. It's good, right? I desperately, desperately want to add this to my arsenal but I'm afraid. Afraid I'll get so used to it that I'll forget that I saw it on national television and use it in my writing and it'll turn into a whole big fiasco like what's-her-name "I went to Harvard" with the plagerism and I don't want none of that.

What's the time limit on intellectual property? Or more to the point, when can I have that sentence? Please tell me I can have that sentence. My world needs that sentence.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

You can have it if I can too. That is the best thing I have heard in years.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm stealing it too, AND I'm copyrighting it, AND I'm going to spend the rest of my life engaged in frivolous lawsuits to keep people from even thinking it, much less saying it. You see, I also extrude litigioussitude.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home