Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I could be Batman. Except for all the pushups.

Hope you all had a smashing celebration yesterday. We kept our love for America on the DL, as it were. Bought some organic hotdogs (expensive... so expensive) and corn on the cob and ate the cookies from fancypants Bouley Bakery that I picked up after my run in Central Park. (Bottle of water in one hand, bag of cookies in the other. We won't discuss it.)

Didn't see any damn fireworks! Usually we can watch the ones from Jersey (we can't see the Macy's show - they're on the other side of the island) but either they didn't set them off this year or it was a really good part in Batman Begins and we missed them. Someone needs to help me out with Katie (excuse me, "Kate") Holmes. Why is she famous, exactly? Aside from the whole hooking-up-with-a-nutter extravaganza? She's embarrassing in this movie (are there no young starlets that can play tough cookies? I had the same issue with Kate Bosworth in Superman) and her apparent hotness is lost on me. I mean if you can't create chemistry with Christian "Check Out My Chest" Bale... Woof.

Anyway, how was your holiday?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got homesick reading your blog today. I spent many summers on the Eastern Shore playing in the Atlantic. I actually DID get swallowed up by her once. I swam out too far and was literally picked up by a medium-sized wave and dashed nose-first into the sand. Needless to say, I cried like a baby (out of fear and a little embarrassment, I'm sure). I didn't hold that against the ocean, though. I returned many times after that incident and wish I could go back now.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home