Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Dammit.

So a few months ago I applied to for a writing job at a big name wine company. They wanted somebody to blog on their newly redesigned site. Fun, right? The catch? We had to blog as their mascot.

A monkey.

Figuring I could blog with the best of 'em, I gave it a go. I monkeyed around, monkeyed it up, monkeyd... some more. And I thought I did a pretty good job, all things considered. Alas, no bookee for my monkey.

Today I decided to check it out and see what kind of corporate suckey-upey hack the hired instead of me. I read. I... kept reading. I... begrudgingly admit that the writer is pretty damn good. Dammit. Pithy, smart, doesn't hit you over the head too hard with the monkey references. It's a tightrope and I'm be gobsmacked if the writer doesn't do a fine job walking it. Perhaps even finer than me. Dammit.

Go here if you want to check out what I'm not writing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

It's all product/band endorsement crap anyway. Who wants to write that stuff?

Oh, and by the way, I am typing to you on my lovely Dell Computer while enjoying some Brach's Spider-Man fruit snacks, in case you're curious.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I tried that wine once and didn't like it very much. Oh wait, maybe that was the wine with the penguins or was it the wine in the bottle shaped like a cat.

Well, I guess you can tell how I choose my wine. Real grown-up-like!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home