Saturday, April 22, 2006

Deep breath in...

Well, Day 1 of no sugar/no caffeine and technically I'm already cheating. (Although I prefer not to think of it less like "cheating" and more like "weaning".) I did put soymilk in my HERBAL (coff, gag) tea this morning and it does contain cane extract which YES, technically, is sugar, yes. YES. Fine.

Do I have a raging headache? Yep.
Am I grumpy? Yep.
Will I probably yell at a guest tonight? (Maybe just in my head, but boy will it be loud.) Yep.

Mostly I'm worried that I'll lose my funny. I'm used to writing while hopped up. Hemingway had his booze. Some other famous writer had his something or other. (Loss of caffeine makes you forgetful.) I had my gigantic Superman mug of tea with 3 or 4 tablespoons of sugar. Yes, you read that amount right. I fear for my comedy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Herbal coffee? I guess I don't hit the health food aisle often enough.

Keep on truckin' kid.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Yick. No, herbal tea. (Which is also yick, if you ask me. It'd be so much better with a little sugar...)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Can you use honey?

8:56 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Honey = Sugar. Except in the bedroom, where it equals an excuse to buy new sheets...

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home