Sunday, April 16, 2006

I just had two glasses of wine.

So we have a new member of the family. One with fins. Yes, we gots ourselves a little fishy friend and the cats could not be more freaked out. Matt has a Betta at work and I thought it'd be nice to have one here in the apartment, seeing as how fish are supposed to be calming and I'm a Pisces and it's gotta be a good feng shui water element and... I'll stop now. The cats must've stared at that tank for four hours last night and every time I woke up, all I could see was Val silhouetted at the end of the bed, frozen, obsessed. It's like cat TV. Or swimming bait.

We haven't named their little brother yet. I'm gunning for Dubloon (thanks Panda) but Matt is partial to Salty Joe. (I also suggested Captain D's but he didn't seem to think it was funny.) Right now he's just "Fish face" or "Fish-fish" or "Fish". (Can't wait until it's time to name a kid!) He's a cute little red fella with disentigrating fins (we're medicating him, because why on earth would I choose a healthy one?) so if you have any names, I'm open to suggestions.

8 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I think you should consult with Brangelina and go Namibian.

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see, Moses has already been taken...

How about Jesus?

He'd already have a wealth of nicknames; his name shall be called "wonderful," "counselor," "the mighty God," "the everlasting Father," and "the Prince of Pisces."

And then when He dies, you can glue him to the trunk of your car and have a REAL Jesus fish.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Jeff, I am truly not worthy.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Dan G said...

Keith.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Am I the only one amazed at the fact that you were able to type comprehensibly after having 2 - YES 2! - glasses of wine???

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Spike?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Ghoti (pronounced "fish").

"gh" as in "enough"
"o" as in "women"
"ti" as in "emotion"

(http://alt-usage-english.org/excerpts/fxwhat04.html)

4:30 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Ted just took the cake on that one!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home