Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It can't be as bad as a silent birth, right? Right?

Yes kiddies, it's that time again. The time where I make some grand pronouncement about my latest life-changing plan to stop drinking caffeine and eating sugar or some such nonsense because I read somewhere that it's bad for you and while I'm at it, maybe I'll lay off the dairy too because milk causes mucus and blah and blah and blaaaaaah.

That said, starting Saturday - no more sugar and caffeine. (I'm still holding on to dairy for the time being. A girl's gotta have something to cling to.) Of course I'm starting it on a day when I'm catering which should make me extra bitchtastic but I read that the 22nd is a good day to start a new project according to this moon signs book... and I'll stop talking now.

But yes, no sugar. No caffeine. Except for special occasions. I'll be sure to let you know how it's going. I expect it'll go pretty fucking badly. (I'm so sorry, husband. And cats. And co-workers.) I know Val kicked sugar for awhile so it can be done. I don't know how I'll get through the day without caffeine, though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Caffeine I could do without much problem, I don't consume that much anyway.

Sugar...Sweet Jesus! I am pretty sure that were I to try that my husband would be secretly shooting it in to my veins while I sleep to make the angry person go away.

Hats off to ya! You are a much braver woman that I be!

11:09 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Yeah, I started embarrassing myself there too.

10:44 AM  
Blogger jLow said...

Haven't you heard?! Some people have a caffeine deficiency so they HAVE to supplement their bodies' inability to provide it. Just like iron-poor blood, you gotta supplement it! I think you're off your ding dang rocker to deny your body of something it obviously requires to enable you to function as a quasi-human.

Excuse while I refill my Dr. Pepper drip.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

But I didn't go cold turkey! It took me 9 months to get off of it completely following a book. (no not THAT 9 months a different 9 months)

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home