Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Party your incredibly expensive panties off!

So last night's big event wasn't actually that bad. It was a riff on Truman Capote's Black and White ball; they actually recreated the Plaza Hotel inside of the auction house where I work. Everyone got totally gussied up (black and white only - except for the one narcissist who decided to wear silver) and we entertained ourselves playing "Worst Dressed", "Most Plastic Surgery", etc. One guy was dressed like a Russian officer, straight out of Three Sisters. Full military frock coat, big curly mustache. He looked fantastic. Another guy dressed as Bottom from Midsummer Night's Dream, complete with papier mache ass head. I'll take stuff like that any day over (yet another) tasteful silk slipdress. The only celebs I saw were Kitty Carlisle Hart and Aisha Tyler. (The chick from Talk Soup and one season of Friends.) The woman is amazonian - like, 6'1" and skin and bones. Which is irritating because she always talks about the fact that she's such a "healthy" size for LA. If that's healthy...

It's time for These People Are Not Like Me, a smattering of last night's most annoying comments -

As I passed a plate of homemade marshmallows drizzled with chocolate:

"It looks just like a Prada skirt!"

As I passed a plate of miniature cupcakes:

(me) "Cupcakes?"
(gentleman with dubious look on face) "Of?"

Um, sugar? Cake? Delight? I mean, come on, guy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I like to live by the rules created by the Sweet Potato Queens: Never wear panties to a party.

3:15 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I LOVE the Sweet Potato Queens!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I know! They are the best. Someday I hope to be a queen...

4:13 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

You can be a queen any time you wanna, Missy!

Tiaras are optional, but most fun!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home