Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's all about Princess Me-Me! (Whose nickname was that on tour? An only child never tells.)

Well, well, it was a fine birthday if I do say so. Nice way to start off year 34. (I mean, 92.) Many song-filled phone calls, several cards, then a trip to the gym (Is 20 minutes enough? Ah, sure) before hitting the stores. Bought myself some much needed denim (that's what the cool people call "jeans" now. Which is apparently why they cost $90), some pant/skirt hybrid from The Gap (it makes my aged ass look sweet), a push-'em-up brassiere (the girls need a little nudge) and some cute shoes. I also ate a boatload of non-Weight Watchers approved crap, bemoaned the fact that Chloe won Project Runway over my beloved Daniel V. and had dinner with my man. He even let me swap desserts with him when mine kind of sucked.

And to top it all off, there's a brand new season of America's Next Top Model starting up! Screw writing - bring on the emaciated wannabees!

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Sounds like a lovely day. Tell more about the shoes. I loves me some cute shoes.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Ooh, they's cute! Strappy wedge sandals that give the illusion that I'm wearing heels without the ridiculous discomfort. And for those who need jeans, J. Crew has surprisingly comfortable ones. As someone who can't STAND this whole low-rise trend, it's nice to find some pants that sit higher without looking like "mom jeans". (Even moms don't want to wear mom jeans.) Plus they go by your waist size and come in short, regular or long for a close-to-perfect fit. They ain't cheap but hell, neither is the Gap these days.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

$90 for jeans, huh? I'm so glad I'm not a girl living in New York...

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home