Saturday, March 04, 2006

GUEST BLOGGER!!!

GUEST BLOGGER! GUEST BLOGGER!

Yep it's me, Ali's better half here to regail you with the story of my wife's Drunken Friday with Art! (Art as in paintings and stuff, not some sailor named Art. That was last week.)

For those of you not living in the New York area, we have been experiencing some frigid temperatures lately. Last night was a doozey. So I, in in my infinite wisdom and common-sensical nature, decided to stay in and stay warm with a stack of comic books. Yes you are picturing it correctly - I literally covered myself with a blanket of comics and prayed to the baby Jesus to make the cold go away. A night well-spent, says I.

But my little wifey, she went out on the town with a friend to celebrate their respective birthdays. A night of boozing, gossip and well . . . Art. Fast forward a few hours to Ali stumbling home at the crack of NINE PM! Yes, she stayed out well past the time when normal folk are just about getting home from work. This party-kitten painted the town red for like a whole HOUR AND A HALF! But stumble-home she did after a drunken "There is no way I can figure out how much to tip this cabbie, so I'll just start shouting out random numbers and see if he likes the sound of one" moment. Once safely home, she regaled me with the story of the magical champagne, which after only a glass and a half, plasters you silly. (the evidence suggests that she drank a BIT more than that, but I'll let the matter rest for now.)

Oh, yeah the Art. Some folks go clubbing, go bar-hopping, while some go to the Whitney Bi-Annual to drunk-laugh at modern art. It's a New York thing. I'm sure she'll have more to say about the actual art, but me I just like the idea of her and her friend wobbling through the museum and asking the security guards where the cash bar was.

(ps - my comic-book cozy evening is mock-proof, so don't even try.)


-Husband

10 Comments:

Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Guest bloggers always make our lives tell more interesting! You should keep him on retainer.

Sounds like a fun celebration of a birthday. Time duration is of no importance. Happy birthday!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ego stroke

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ego stroke

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ego stroke

4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

feeling better, bubbe

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know how it feels not to get any response.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But just keep working at it.

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And maybe someday you'll work your way to being as intersting as poop.

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotcha sucka! Who's the man now?

4:39 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I think "getting stroked by Emmanuel Lewis" now has to be added to my list of "Creepiest Mental Images Ever."

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home