Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dum-de-dum-dum.

So last night I got dropped by my theatrical agent. Not the best email to come home to. It's not as painful as breaking up with your boyfriend - it's more like getting dumped by your really nice pimp - but it still leaves you feeling a little less-than. That said, after many inspiring pep talks from Stefanie (and, of course, Matt and mom) I'm feeling pretty motivated. I got dropped mostly because, well, I'm not making them any money. The problem with acting in New York is that most of the work is in LA. so you're left with regional theater and Law and Order. (God bless you, Dick Wolf.) While there's nothing wrong with regional theater, going to Pennsylvania to do outdoor Shakespeare for two months just doesn't hold the same thrill it once did. I would be completely happy doing commercials and the occasional TV appearance and rolling around on my pile of money instead of shlepping to Rochester for an Ibsen play. Does that make me less of an actor? Eh.

Anyway. I'm signing up for a Writing For Women's Magazines class at MediaBistro, I've got new color headshots, I'm going in to my commercial agents today to discuss our future and Gary Coleman is flirting with me. Life isn't all bad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary Coleman? What's that guy got that I ain't got? He may be a foot taller than me, but I have five inches on him where it counts.

Stop messing around with Arnold (and this other guy, whatsisname, Cody Matthews or something) and let me show you what I got. When I get you alone, we'll do the Popadopolis. The last woman I did that with had to be revived by EMS.

But she woke up smiling.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm shocked and disgusted by the previous post. Where is Alisha's husband? Why does he not defend her honor?

9:37 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I heard he's too busy reading smut at work.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home