Friday, February 24, 2006

Have you met my husband?

So someone (who may or may not be my husband) looooves to gently mock the feng shui. Granted, he moved the shit around and doesn't make me sign marital contracts but there's always some subtle eye-rolling when the topic comes up. Until last night, that is.

(Me) "It's probably not good to have the cat scratcher in our career area..."
(Matt) "But the paper shredder is okay?"
(Me) "Well it probably shouldn't be there either, but it's better there than in our relationship corner."
(Matt) "YOU'VE PUT A SHREDDER IN OUR CAREER CORNER?!"
(Me) "But it's near the computer..."
(Matt) "YOU CAN'T PUT A SHREDDER IN THE CAREER CORNER! PUT IT BACK IN THE RELATIONSHIP CORNER!"

This is a conversation I never, ever expected to have. Ever.

Shredder ended up under the sink - in the spirituality area.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I have to know; what center is the toilet in?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

The "influential people" corner... I think...

1:19 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I keep waiting for my husband to make a hooji-booji comment.

Ya know how he LOOOVES the hooji-booji.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, this week the shredder is in my hooji-booji corner.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*checks the one 'fung schway' book he has...*

Got the office and bookshelves in the Knowledge space; check.

Got the ... well, old knickknacks and crap in the 'ancestors' place. ... kay...

The Wealth space is... well, kinda the right color. No plants, though... the one in there was dying, so I moved it...

... to the Fame area, which has a lot of plants right now... except they're way to close to the Fireplace.... except the fireplace is in a good place... except I don't use it at all. Should I use it? It doesn't say I have to use it.

Creativity space are pictures of some places I want to go... and some stuff I need to throw out... and a really messy table.

It says I need to put 'toys' there... who had that one butt-thing...? Or is that not what they meant? What *did* they mean?

My travel and friends area is pretty much empty, except for the infant swing and a big mirror. And more plants...

Finally... oh yeah.

Relationships and Romance corner...

dog food. And a water dish.

Nice.

11:45 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

I think I have a pocket Feng Shui book somewhere... I gotta admit, now I'm curious. Unless it tells me that I have to move stuff, in which case I'll think it's total hooey.

Hooey! I say.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home