Friday, February 17, 2006

How do you spell Alisha? I-M-M-A-T-U-R-E

I got new headshots taken yesterday which is always fun, if by "fun" you mean "slightly awkward and incredibly expensive". That said, I love my photographer. I've shot with her before and she's always great. Here's where I get crazy; when I think about how much she makes. She shoots two people a day, four days a week. She charges $1,000 a pop. If my math is correct, that means she makes roughly $24,000 a month. (I haven't bothered to multiply that by twelve for fear that I'll eat my own head.) Now she's probably paying $5000 in rent for her studio and apartment and she works hugely long days - but I work hugely long days! You, you work hugely long days! I thought I'd missed my calling when I decided not to pursue medicine but clearly I need to get myself a couple of light reflectors and put up a couple of ads because headshots are where the money's at!

Here's another thing I realized while doing some heavy reading: I am now closer to the target demographic for More magazine than Seventeen.

But if both are sitting at the gym, which one do I grab even though I feel moderately ashamed and have to pretend that I'm looking at it for research? Is there even any question?

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I guess if we don't win the big Powerball Jackpot I can look to photography to make the big bucks.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home