Sunday, March 05, 2006

How did they manage to hold their drinks without opposable thumbs?

Last night I worked a wedding. It wasn't hifalutin' - most of the people were normal, simple folk from Rhode Island, the kind who stare at you blankly when you offer them a Croque Monsieur until you tell them that it's a mini ham and cheese. All in all it seemed like a pretty uneventful evening.

Until somebody shat on the floor.

Yes.

And one of the waiters had to clean it up. Thank God that waiter wasn't me. Bless the gal who did it; she's a hilarious, Oh for fuck's sake type and she'll get a hell of a story out of it but honestly, there's no way. My rate for shit picking upping is hella more than $20/hr.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

We don't know. It just appeared like magic. Stinky, poopy magic.

5:54 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Were there any children there? Like, maybe there was a diaper accident?

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Nope. It was all adults.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Perhaps it was someone who decided they could hold their peace no longer?

Poo on the floor is quite a statement.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could there not have been any eyewitnesses to this defecation incident? Surely SOMEONE knows who did it! My guess is that a pantyless woman had to have been the culprit because a man couldn't have dropped his drawers without someone noticing.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, only two people commented on my witty guest-blog and FIVE have commented so far on the poop-on-the-floor story!

I should have worked someone pooping on the floor into my story . . .

-Husband

2:49 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

If I'd had one more glass of champagne, I just might've.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

It was me. Damn ham an' cheese wraps do it to me every time.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home