Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Why yes, I WAS spectacular!

Although I did make my appearance in what had to be the most underwhelming season finale in all of season finaledom, I was happy that I hadn't made an ass out of myself. The audition, 3 hours of costume fittings and roughly 30 takes - all for one line. I don't know how the principals do it, I swear. (I'm still in love with Diane Neal. I can't believe Dick Wolf calls her daily to tell her how overweight she is. "Morbidly obese" was how he described her. Ah, television.)

I finally saw Britney and Kevin's show. (We're on a first name basis now, y'all.) Man, it STUNK. Wow! So bad even I can't watch it - and I loves crap! America's Next Top Model? LOVE IT. The Starlet? Uh... sure! But this? Watching KFed and BritBrit make out all, all tongues and zits and weird little man-beards... Listening to her go on and on about their sex life ("Ecstasy. Ecstasy!") It's just grody. (Her poor dad! Although once you've seen your daughter simulate masturbation on arena stages in front of thousands of people, watching her tongue kiss her rodenty boyfriend may not pack the same nasty punch.)

7 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

You know, Kayla and I talked about just how cool those two seconds of fame really were. Yeah, it was just one line. But how many MILLIONS of people saw you deliver that one line? (I totally believed your mousy-ness and secretary-ness, by the way.) And to have your name in the credits? I don't care what anyone says, that is spectacular. Way to go, Alisha!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Gee!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Alisha! Go Alisha! It's your birfday!

You were great. We have not watched the entire episode yet, as we didn't get home from rehearsal until 10:30 last night, so just Ffwded to your part. We watched it twice we were so impressed. Then we ffweded to the credits to see your name. We only did that once.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brief appearance on prime time TV made me want MORE! Do you think you'll get another audition for one of the L&O shows? It seems to me that they tend to "re-use" actors in other small parts on any one of their 4 shows. I'm sorry to say that I completely MISSED your name in the credits! Li-Li was outside and was crying to come back in, so I had to take care of her. Oh, well... maybe I'll catch it on the rerun later this summer.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say we all send a bunch of emails to the producer of Law & Order-SVU asking - Wow, who was the stunning actress that played the secretary? "Dear Mr. Producer - we LOVED this young lady's brief scene and would LOVE to see more of her!"

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Alas, they have a rule that once you've appeared on a particular show, you can't return for a year and a half. Unless they make you a regular - which means that they'd have to make the old guy who played my boss a regular and everybody on set hated him so... But there's two more L&Os! (Alas, no more Trial By Jury)

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a spin-off!

Law and Order: Citizens Arrest Unit starring Joanna the Mousey Secretary and Yang the Asian Fish Vender from last week's episode!

My baby rules.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home