Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'd never last

I hated being a waiter. HATED IT. I tried - I really did - working my way through the best chain'straunts Topeka, Kansas had to offer (I still can't go into an Olive Garden without shuddering). That said, I loves a good waiter war story so naturally I'm dying to read Service Included, a new tell-all about life at Per Se. For those not up on the NYC Foodie scene, Per Se is Thomas Keller's swanktastic restaurant in the Time Warner Center. It's known for its over-the-top service and stellar food. I believe it is also one of (if not the) most expensive restaurants in the city, starting at $250 a head.

Needless to say, Per Se trains their waiters well. The author was hired to to be a "back waiter" (a polite term for the slug who brings you water and bread) but she was still required to go through three months of training.

Three months of training. Five days a week. To bring the bread.

I cannot wait to read this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home