Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ah, romance.

Happy anniversary to me! (Er, us. Hi honey.) Yep, the husband and I have been hitched for three solid years now which means... I don't actually know what it means but the traditional gift for this particular milestone is leather, which brings to mind one of two things: tight pants and S&M gear. I'm guessing Mr. Tradition thought things might be getting a little stale around year three.

Because we're us (and it's a Wednesday) we have nothing planned. I'll be working late, eating dinner with the pre-K set. Matt will be doing whatever the hell he does when I'm not around. (Carpentry? Flamenco dancing?) Celebrating mid-week is tough. While it's nice to avoid the cliche (weekends are for rookies), having to work the next morning puts a damper on things. Plus America's Next Top Model is on.

Anybody have any good anniversary stories? Ideas for romantic nights? Let me amend: ideas for romantic nights when you're 32 weeks pregnant, relatively broke, and a little grouchy?

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I really hope it is flamenco dancing.

Hmmmm....let's see on MY three year anniversary I had a 4 week old baby.

We went to dinner and a movie.

I fretted about the baby and worried that my breasts were going to explode on the people sitting in front of us.

I think dinner and a movie is how we have spent every anniversary save the first one. So I don't think I am a good one to comment here.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

All I can say is that my anniversary gift to you is my being gone! So you can live it up by talking loudly in the morning and sleeping on the sofabad! Sounds like an awesome 3rd year to me.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Woman with a Hatchet said...

A ridiculously expensive dinner out and lots of discussion about how we'd never get to do it again.

We were pessimists about how well Caitlin would be able to go to restaurants. Turns out, she's actually very good in fancy restaurants! Well, once past the breastfeeding stage. : )

So I vote for fancy dinner and a movie, because you won't be going there again for awhile.

Unless you can nip off to Hawaii? That's always nice. : >

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home