Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Only pussies wear shirts!

I spent the afternoon in Central Park yesterday. Let me tell you, there's nothing like that place when the trees are blooming and the sun is out. Kids were taking skateboard lessons and gigantic dogs were pracing about and all the baby turtles in Turtle Pond were swimming around, hoping for dropped Cheerios. (I feel like such a killjoy telling the little kids not to feed the them. There are signs up all over the place but seeing as how they can't read yet - and their nannies seem too bored to bother - I feel it is my duty as an environmentalist to step in. Plus I like telling kids what to do.)

I think every male in the tri-state area was at the Great Lawn yesterday, and every last one of them was playing Shirtless Frisbee. Not that I'm complaining mind you, but I just have to laugh. By the time we were ready to leave it was probably in the 50's - definitely jacket weather - but these guys refused to put their freaking shirts on. They'd literally throw the frisbee than clutch their man boobies, shivering. Clearly this is the type that breeds with the girl who straps on a bikini and goes sunbathing in Central Park the second the snow melts. (I once saw a girl sunbathing in a bikini and Ugg boots. Woman, if you need to wear snow boots, put on a goddamn top.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

If you like telling kids what to do, then you are going to make a great parent. That's what it's all about.

Now, if you want to be able to tell kids what to do and actually have them do it, that's an entirely different story...

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about New York, but the problem with all those men going shirtless, at least in this part of the country, is that a good majority of them should NOT be going shirtless. Nothing more disgusting than fat jiggling above the belt (which is usually pushed down below the waist to accommodate the gut).

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home