Sunday, April 22, 2007

Ah, yesterday. Hot damn, there are some days I love New York! (Hot damn, there are some days that are hot in New York. How'd we manage to skip an entire season?) Got a call from the Baldman's missus asking if I wanted to meet them at the Daschund Parade in Washington Square Park.

Did I want to meet them at the Dauschund Parade? Do they not know me at all?

So I raced my I-Was-On-My-Way-To-Old-Navy-But-HOT-SWEET-JESUS-THERE'S-A-DASCHUND-PARADE-self downtown. While the Parade was a little underwhelming (no daschund races?!), there's something about being surrounded by a large number of squat, friendly animals that makes the day a bit more awesome.

After that I met up with a dear friend of mine for some chocolate sampling. She'd nosed out a little cafe on the 8th floor of Saks - a store I visit roughly never - and we sat and had chocolate and coffee. (Truffles for her, a chocolate truffle brownie pour moi.) While I still hold firm that the best use of chocolate is Jacques Torres' chocolate chip cookie (if you can manage to get them warm, your life will change), it's hard to complain about a brownie made with truffles.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I would totally be open to a cookie changing my life. Bring it.

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home