Wednesday, April 25, 2007


I'm consistently amazed at bloggers who always seem have something good to write about. The authors are always going to interesting places or having fantastic thoughts and it leaves me wondering if they have jobs. The most interesting thing I've seen recently was a really fat homeless guy getting his head shaved on the street by another homeless guy.

They've already turned the sprinklers on in the city parks. We had our first really hot day and the kids were out in force, running through the icy water in their underwear. The Mr. Softee trucks are also out, enticing me with their wares. I still haven't had this year's first, mostly because I'm afraid of opening that (particularly delicious) door. I usually go for the vanilla with sprinkles but since I read that the chocolate dipped cones have a cult following, I feel like it's my obligation to try (at least) one. Still, I'm holding off as long as I can. I got hooked last summer and couldn't go more than two days without a fix and that, my friends, is a recipe for disaster, seeing how it's shorts season.

Have any readers had one of the cult cones? What are your summer must-eats?

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I absolutely must have/make homemade ice cream at some point during the summer. Typically it is accomplished on the 4th of July, because homemade ice cream should be shared. A little.

10:31 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

There was a sale on Good Humour bars at the grocery store when I went the other day, so I bought two boxes of toasted almond bars for the price of one. It doesn't matter if I'm curled up under a blanket, wearing a sweatshirt -- now that these bars are in the house I WILL eat them, and it WILL feel like summer!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home