Thursday, December 07, 2006

Sadly, I am not in any way affiliated with 30 Rock or NBC.

I'm going to go ahead and say that 30 Rock is the funniest show on television. Anybody with me on this? Scrubs was #1 in my heart but then they started going all "very special episode" on me (do we HAVE to end every one with a feel-good montage? No - no we don't), not to mention the fact that Zach Braff is leaving the show. But 30 Rock manages to make me laugh OUT LOUD at least once an episode. How many shows can you say that about? Chances are you watched the first episode and chances are you felt a little meh about it. But trust me, the shit's gotten hella funnier. Tracy Morgan? The man never had a single funny moment on Saturday Night Live! Who knew he was a comedy genius? (Tina Fey, that's who.) If you're afraid you won't know what's going on, here's the skinny: Tina Fey is the executive producer of a television show. Alec Baldwin is her boss. He hires Tracy Morgan - a somewhat insane B-level film star - to up the ratings. Hilarity ensues.

NBC is moving it to the primo Thursday night spot (after "The Office"). I suggest you stop by for a look. Now if you're the type that enjoys laugh tracks or "Yes, Dear" then this show may not be for you, but if you don't at least crack a smile, I'll give you your money back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sticking by my Scrubs for now, but as I respect your opinion on what is funny, I am willing to give 30 Rock a try.

12:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially since you promised to give me my money back if I am dissatisified. I am always a sucker for a money back guarantee.

Of course 30 Rock would be Mu-huch funnier if you were on it I am sure.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

A caveat: Tonight's episode was PERHAPS LESS FUNNY THAN USUAL. Just so's you know.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

For me, it's all about Tracy Morgan.

"I want to give a piece of advice that I wish someone had given to me when I was a young man. 'Live every week like it is SHARK WEEK'".

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home