Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Oh, my aching everything

As I mentioned yesterday, I've starting running again. Actually, "running" is a generous term for what I do; I scoot. I was a pretty serious scooter in LA, jogging roughly 3 - 5 miles a day. I really enjoyed it and nothing made my body look better. (I've tried to love lower-impact yoga but fuck all, I can't! I like the breathing part and the lying-on-the-floor-at-the-end part and that's about it. And for some reason, men who do yoga irritate me. I find it extremely emmasculating. Sure, Sting looks incredible and can keep a boner for, like, 9 hours but mostly they're just touch-feely wuss jobs. If you ask me.) Anyway, I thought I was in pretty decent shape - I work out several times a week and cater regularly - but running on concrete! With hills and rollerbladers and small dogs to dodge! It's a whole different game, boys and girls. How out of shape am I? Yesterday I was passed by an ancient Chinese man power walking.

How I wish I was kidding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Those ancient Chinese men are quick little suckers, aren't they?

[Insert sincere apology for apparent racist comment here.]

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did one worse. Ran with my boyfriend yesterday. 3.2 miles. (easy, no. humiliating, yes) I hate running, but I thought it would be nice to be one of those couple who excercise together. That and I stepped on a scale last friday...yikes. The boyfirend was very proud, but I cannot walk today. seriously....I'm walking like I just finished a 72 hour orgy. stef

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking on running or scooting, or in truth anything that resembles a jog or run. Since having two children that is no longer an option for me, and I won't elaborate on why. BUT I am up to 4.0/mph on my treadmill. Walking that is.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home