Friday, March 18, 2005

Baby, I'm a star

Gotta say this for SVU - they treat even the peons like gold. I have one flipping line and you'd think I hung the moon! A girl could get used to this.

My fitting took place in a huge costume warehouse in the fabric district. The showroom was nothing special - concrete floors, flourescent lights - but then they ushered into the waiting area and... whoa. It was flea market nirvana. There were 20 antique globes, several Warhol-esque versions of some Asian guy, artfully grouped piles of old horseshoes, as well as leather rocking chairs and wheelbarrow tables and boxes made out of old wooden rulers, all placed just so. (The owner must've spent a year's salary on Ebay.)

SVU's area was a small room in the back, mostly filled with police uniforms and suits. They started pulling some rather sexy little numbers which I thought was a little odd since I was supposed to be meek and mousy but the head of wardrobe whispered that the director was going a different direction, "Like maybe you and your boss are having a little something on the side, if you know what I mean". Cool! The costume people were having a ball dressing me since they rarely get to do anything besides blue collar or cop ("Oh my God, yellow! We never get to use yellow!") and I felt sufficiently fussed over. It's amazing how much they agonized over my shoes. Shoes, I must point out, you will never see!

Can't wait to see the treatment I get on set. I'm hoping for a manservant.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... you're having a workplace affair, eh? Can't wait to see your portrayal of a mousy hussy! Seriously, though, I really can't wait to see you on one of my favorite TV shows!

Is "Sour Grapes in the Big Apple" your theme? (You could claim Sarabeth as your muse!)

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home