Saturday, March 12, 2005

It's a helluva town!

One thing you can say about New York City - it's never boring.

- This morning two people practically come to blows over a pair of chairs at the Angel Street Thrift Store. I got there at the crack of early to stake my claim on a particularly gorgeous skirt I'd had my eye on (so Prada!) and was glad I did because five minutes later a crowd had gathered. Almost immediately after the doors opened a shouting match broke out - a man and a woman were going at it over a pair of vintage metal rockers. The woman had taken the tag off and was trying to pay but the man sat down in one of the chairs and refused to move. I seriously thought they were going to have to call the cops, it was great.

- Down in the meatpacking district I saw a woman walking a dog so small it was practically invisible. Not that that stopped her from dressing it in a full-on POLICE UNIFORM. Miniature jacket (with badge), an itsy-bitsy cop's hat and the kicker: teeny-weeny police boots. You know that poor thing got it's ass kicked at the dog run.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So... did you get the skirt? Who won the battle over the chairs? And did the dog get its ass kicked before or after it assumed the guise of a law enforcement officer?

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home