Friday, October 21, 2005

MMM-MMM, CAH-DRY!

I just slept 11 1/2 hours for the second day in a row. I'm still in my jammies at 1:04. That's practically un-American.

My green snot means no trip to Vermont. (But luckily my rhyming abilities are still intact.) I did manage to make it to the Superhero Fashion Show last night though and discovered a deep-seated crush on Rob Cordry. ("CAH-DRY!") He's always been sort of schlumpy on the Daily Show, but suited up in Kenneth Cole's "Millionaire Playboy Superhero" suit he transformed into something quasi-hot. A marching band started off the show with a rousing rendition of the Spider-Man theme song while a kid in a Spider-Man costume cavorted onstage, having the time of his life. John Hodgman (a former professional literary agent and the author of "The Areas of My Expertise", the next book I want to read) was a hilarious host, talking about his secret life as the superhero "Professional Literary Agent". (His costume: buttondown shirt, jacket, khakis and a mexican wrestling mask.) Then Edna from The Incredibles gave a phone interview and discussed her hatred for capes ("No capes! No ponchos! No shawls!") and the problem of outfitting difficult superheros (Captain Long-Waist-Narrow-Hips being a personal fave). The fashion show itself was only okay - I was hoping for some really incredible stuff - but I'm sure they ended up raising a ton of cash at the costume auction.

Okay, enough dilly-dallying. Laundry and grocery shopping waits for no man. Whatever that means.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Wish I was in my jammies. Jammies would make work better....maybe I'll investigate "Pajama Friday" a la Office Space's "Hawaiian Friday".

1:52 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I'm sorry you're sick, and I'm sure Vermont will miss you. But taht doesn't stop me from hating you for getting 11.5 hours of sleep two days in a row. That is my ultimate fantasy. And you've experienced it. Damn you, Alisha!

3:00 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

All you need is a double dose of NYQUIL and a sitter and the dream can be yours, Ted!

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home