Saturday, October 15, 2005

I'm the one with the hair.

The hubby and I are celebrating our anniversary tonight by going out to dinner and stuffing ourselves. (Our anniversary is technically Monday but splitting a bottle of vino on a school night just seemed wasteful.) We're going to the restaurant where we got engaged. And by "engaged" I mean the restaurant where Matt abruptly announced that he thought we should get married "sometime this Spring". (Don't worry ladies, I eventually made him get down on one knee. And buy me two engagement rings, but that's a story for another time.) We're going to L'ecole, the restaurant at the French Culinary Institute. I made sure to tell the reservationist that it was our anniversary and, oh yeah, that we got engaged there (screw subtlety - mama wants some bubbly!) so we'll see what happens.

Frankly, between a bottle of wine and an inordinate amount of food and my weird heat-reducing herbs, I fear this may not end up pretty, my friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Happy Anniversary. You know we still speak fondly of the delicious food at your reception. I think a great idea for a future anniversary celebration would be to gather us all again and eat the same food. We promise to leave you alone for the night just like we did at the reception.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Who in the hell are those scary, scary people surrounding you with their frightening jazz hands?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Olivia Pidwell said...

Jazz hands!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home