Friday, October 14, 2005

I can fly!

Spent the day with the 9 year old. He's getting big. At the Natural History Museum he got all exasperated when I forced him to ride the glass elevator so that I could pretend I was levitating. He was all, "All riiiight", like he doesn't love to pretend that he can magically float to the second floor of the Hall of Ocean Life like I do. Next to getting all creeped out by the giant-squid-battling-killer-whale exhibit, pretending I can float is the best thing about that place - and he's trying to imply that he's above that sort of thing! WHO'S BABYSITTING WHO, KID? (Or should I say, WHOM'S BABYSITTING WHOM?)

And then at the library he announced "Let's sit here. It's so much more US".

I figure I have about 5 more months before he's taller than me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yeah, but you can legally have sex with other adults. There's always that.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

He also mentioned that he had once tried some wine. Apparently it was sour and a little bitter, "but I'll grow on it".

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home