Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"It looks wonderful, dahling."

Being sick blows. I caught this particular bit of nastiness last night at catering (some benefit for a company called New Alternatives for Children. It was at Jazz @ Lincoln Center. The theme? "All That NAC". Ugh.) and it looks to put a damper on my Vermonting. I may not be able to chop down any trees, but I can sneeze on 'em real good. And tomorrow night is the Superhero Fashion Show up at Symphony Space. My wonderful, gainfully employed hubster has secured us tickets to the show of the season. Ed Helmes, Samantha Bee, and Rob Cordry (from the Daily Show) are modeling superhero outfits designed by big name designers (Marc Jacobs, etc), and it's narrated by Edna from The Incredibles. Its a fundraiser for the Brooklyn Superhero Supply Company, a literacy program. If only Stephen Colbert were modeling... Have you watched the Colbert Report yet? He's got the stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Saw the Colber Repor last night. He's not quite Jon Stewart, but he's certainly worth watching.

11:11 AM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Stephen Colbert is way funny. Very witty stuff.

Though I totally forgot about Stephen Colbert once he introduced Stone Phillips. I may have fainted as well. He is one gorgeous man. Oh my!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home