Wednesday, September 07, 2005

You learn something new every day.

I can't look into the bathroom mirror in the middle of the night. I suspect this fear comes from watching Poltergeist at an impressionable age (I never saw the man's face peel off but I know it did). I refuse to dangle my feet off the edge of the bed. (Again, Poltergeist.) I also have to step on and off a plane with my right foot. I get very antsy when the people in front of me put their left foot first. And I have to make the sign of the cross when I walk underneath ladders.

Uh, anybody else have this?

5 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Why the right foot?

(And no, I am perfectly neurosis free. At least, that's what my psychiatrist says.)

-cuvjert

12:25 PM  
Blogger Dan G said...

It's called OCD, and many many people have it. Some are even getting help for it.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Yeah, I have the mirror thing at night also. I think it's from childhood "seances" for Bloody Bloody Mary.

But now I picture the girl from The Ring when I get really freaked out. I'm copying that tape as fast as I can!!!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan beat me to the diagnosis, but yes this does reek of OCD. There are pills thankfully. Now if you will excuse me while I commit my post blog commenting ritual of counting to 34 three times while slapping myself in the face.

10:41 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

You actually walk under ladders? Yeah, I so won't even do that. I think it's a phobia.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home