Thursday, September 08, 2005

Tinkerbell

My littlest cat does this thing - She goes in the litter box and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches and scratches until I start to go batshit. So I give her a warning. (Tinkerbell...) This doesn't make her stop scratching, she just scratches a little softer. So I give her a sharper warning (TINKERBELL!) which makes her stop just long enough to make me think she's done. But then she starts up again. I start heading for the litterbox and she begins scratching furiously, like she's got to get it all out of her system and she only has eight seconds left and right when I reach the closet door she dashes out, trailing kitty litter and shame.

We do this routine roughly three times a day. And you thought I had OCD.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Ranks right up there with our dog licking the rug that lays at the foot of our bed. The sound is bad enough, but then you forget about it and step on the rug and feel damp dog slobber and you can't help but curse the mutt. Ick.

And I feel really bad for people with OCD. I do. I think about it all the time. In fact, I can't stop thinking about it. I try and I try and I try and I try, but I just can't get OCD out of my head. I tell myself over and over and over and over to think about something else, but I just keep coming back to OCD. OCD. OCD.

Sorry; what was I saying?

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least she's trailing kitty litter and not kitty doo-doo. Our kitten has this problem of getting some of it stuck on her paws or her poop-chute. She also leaves a trail of odor! Boy, for a little bitty critter, she sure can stink up a room! And she does it FREQUENTLY. I know it'll improve as she gets older, but for now I'll just go on being amazed.

Hey, when it's spelled out completely, does OCD have a hyphen?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Yes. Wait...No. I mean Yes. Damn; I don't know. Where's a dictionary? Anybody got a dictionary? ANYBODY!?!?

(Actually, the answer is yes; Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.)

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is correct. The Diagnosis # is 300.3 accoridng to the DSM-IV. That cat of yours has some frightening issues.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ted and Missy! You both DO know that I was making a sick joke about the hyphen, don't you?

8:40 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Uhh, of course I knew that. All along. Really. Heh.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Yeah, I just get excited when I have cause to consult my DSM.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home