Monday, September 19, 2005

They don't have Big Macs where you come from?

Yesterday I watched a tourist take a picture of his wife in front of a movie theater. Now I have no problem with tourists taking pictures of random things. When I'm a tourist, I take all sorts of boring shots (just ask Nadia who had to sit through my Canada collection). Want to take a picture of a pidgeon? Fine. Pay $5 to get your butt squeezed by a Naked Cowboy? Hell, why not? Even getting your picture taken in front of a really cool movie theater wouldn't have fazed me. What gave me pause was the fact that the only thing they were taking a picture of was the glass door.

A door?

It didn't even have an ad on it or anything - nothing to signify why this particular glass door had meaning. I just imagine the couple sitting in their living room showing off their Trip To The Big City pics and then coming to this one. "Look Myrtle! It's a door made of solid glass!" Don't they know that a block away there's a guy in briefs and cowboy boots just begging for an ass grab?

I think the same thing when I see tourists from Wisconsin taking pictures of McDonald's. I want to pry the camera from their hands and send them to Chinatown.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Maybe that was the spot where he proposed to her fifty years ago. Or they're just really stupid.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home