Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Where's the bar?

I think I'm still drunk. Matt and I had our weekly date last night and went to see Lewis Black perform. This is extraordinary for us, not only because we left the house after dark - but on a Tuesday, no less! (Truth be told, he was performing at West Bank Cafe which is technically in our building. If we'd had to get on a subway that would've been it.) I've always thought he was funny on the Daily Show, if occasionally a little pushed. (Explosive rage is tough to manufacture in only a minute and a half.) But live, he's outstanding. He only did 12 minutes but it was the funniest 12 minutes of my life. If he comes to your town, do yourself a favor and go see him in all his finger-pointing glory.

They do some mighty big pours at West Bank and there was a two-drink minimum. (The serving size was probably closer to four glasses.) I don't like to brag, but I'm what's known as a "cheap date". I might have gotten a little tipsy. Hell, I might've given Lewis a thumbs-up when he smiled at me when we were leaving. I'm not saying I did, I'm just saying I might've.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Are you sure it was your thumb?

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to you, too, Drunken Redhead.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home