Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hey Jude. Don't make it bad.

I used to think Jude Law was hot. Sure he's balding and fairly wee, but do those sorts of things matter when you're blessed with a face that looks like that? He never spoke badly of his ex-wife and was such a devoted dad (and so virile!) that I could tolerate his relationship with the gorgeous Sienna Miller, even though her constant ability to be perfectly attired left me cold.

But that was before I learned he was fucking the nanny.

Somebody explain it, because for the life of me I can't understand how anyone could be so hilariously, painfully, indescribably dumb. Normal guys cheat, sure. Most stand a reasonable chance of getting away with it so why not play the odds? But he's JUDE LAW! He's got telephoto lenses trained on him 24-7! The paparrazi practically nest in his bushes! The nanny kept a sex diary, for crying out loud! (I would too if I were humping Jude Law.) According to the rumor mill, one of his kids actually walked in on Jude doing the deed and ran crying to his mother... AND JUDE HAD THE BALLS (ahem) TO DENY IT! I just... I just... Aw, come on.

Matt's reaction was to feel sorry for him. Not sorry for him because he got caught but because he had to apologize publicly for something so private. While being a celebrity must be an unimaginable mindfuck, my reaction was more along the lines of "That's RIGHT!" Hell, make him announce it on Letterman! And no Hugh Grant humble pie, career-reviving shenanagans, just Jude with his thinning hair muttering about shagging the sitter. That's what I want. And he's not allowed to grin or wear anything form fitting, them's the rules.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

I'm sorry Jude Law cheated on you, Ali.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

As a married man, I have very little tolerance for infidelity in general. It is NOT that difficult to maintain self-control; I don't care who you are, or how hot the nanny is.

That being said, I often wonder how many of these little trists are actually staged to refocus media attention on someone who has fallen off the radar. We all know it has worked that way for more than one celebrity.

I can see the conversation now:

Jude's Agent: Sorry, J, but you just aren't doing that well in the papers. I think it's time for Plan Z.

Jude: Not Plan Z!

Agent: I'm afraid it's our only choice. You'll have to diddle the maid. And make sure you get caught this time!

Jude: But I don't wanna diddle the maid!

Ahem.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home