Monday, July 04, 2005

"I love women. I do. I love the way they smell."

A quick update: The fucktards at Unemployment still haven't investigated my claim. According to my union rep, they are required to contact you within two weeks.

On July 8th, it'll be two months.

Happy 4th of July, people! It's a gorgeous day here and I'm hoping to get out and about for some of it. Of course I will be spending this evening with a nebbishy, neurotic actor-type, a cranky, foul-mouthed 70-something, and an infinitely patient, George Costanza-like instructor at my Microsoft Word class. Bring on the hyperlinks! As much as I bitch, I must admit that it's nice to learn something new. I haven't had to use my brain for much (Tom and Katie info not withstanding) and it feels good to stretch it. I was thinking on the plane ride home that I want to explore some new hobbies but I can't for the life of me think of any. I'm hoping for something crafty but inexpensive. My friend Nadia (Hi, Nadia!) takes all sorts of cool, artsy classes (book making, calligraphy) and I'd love to do something along those lines but I don't have the scratch. ("Scratch" totally needs to make a comeback. As does "toots" and "trim". And those T-shirts from the 70's that said "A Woman Without A Man Is Like A Fish Without A Bicycle".)

By the way, does anyone have a copy of Dianetics? I'm desperate to read it, simply so I have more ammunition for my Scientology-fueled rants but I don't want to add any more money to their coffers. I've thought about taking one of the "Stress Tests" they're always offering but I'm scared that somehow they'll penetrate my brain. They're tricky and I'm fairly weak-minded.

Have the best 4th ever!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

There's this great new thing. It's called a library. And you can borrow books without paying anything. In one of New York's, I'm guessing you can get your curious paws on the L.Ron Hubbard classic.

Welcome back. I'm in Vermont.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Or you can check the [gasp!] Internet:

http://www.dianetics.org/

It's free, too. And none of that pesky travelling or dealing with people that going to the library involves.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home