Thursday, July 07, 2005

The crazy apple

The things I witness in this city never cease to amaze me. I was schlepping groceries (I didn't take the train, mom) and noticed some EMTs hovering over a very old woman. She had clearly fallen or been hit by a car because there was a huge amount of blood streaming from her head, pooling next to her on the street. One of the EMTs kept saying, "Don't worry, we're here to take care of you" over and over. People would pause for a second out of curiosity then just keep on walking. What else is there to do I guess.

A few blocks later I watched a homeless man attempt to lick a leaf. He was sticking his tongue out like a little kid trying to catch a snowflake, giggling away... It made me want to lick one too, just to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home