Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mmm... bacon...

I'm thinking of becoming a vegetarian. This will come as a shock to everyone who knows my love of all things delicious, but I made the mistake of picking up one of those PETA pamphlets (you know, the ones about how you should go vegetarian and here's all the celebrities who are vegetarian and here's the health and planetary benefits and oh, here's a bunch of pictures of cows crying out in excruciating pain.) Don't they know that innocent, bacon-loving people read this stuff?! I mean, c'mon.

So anyway, for today at least, I'm thinking of going veg. Which isn't the same as going vegan, which is PETA's ultimate goal. Sorry but those people look scary. (Plus, ice cream. I mean, c'mon.)

I'm off to flash my slightly yellowish choppers for the good folks at Crest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

That would have to be one charming muthaf*kin' pig, know what I'm sayin'? I mean, he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Wilbur on Green Acres...

Meat is good. Eat the meat. You cannot resist.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As having to cook for a vegetarian, believe this... Morningstar is your friend. Too much soy can be a bad thing. But for those days that you really want enchiladas, the veggie crumbles come in pretty handy.

You'll end up fresh-cooking most meals. It's also helpful that you like salad. My nine-year-old, I mean vegetarian boyfriend, won't eat it. Or most any cold vegetables. And only hot corn, green beans, and carrots. You get my drift.

The only meatless frozen entree selections (read: cheap) are usually some type of pasta with red sauce, cheese lasagna, fettuccini alfredo, and teriyaki rice. If you like Asian food, you have a lot more options.

All said, it's not too hard to do. I definitely hear ya on the "can't go vegan". Ice cream tastes good, as well as chocolate, yougurt, cakes, cookies, and cheese.

The argument can be made that since the above are by-products, we're *supposed* to eat them. But those PETA weirdos can make you feel guilty for breathing. Don't worry about them. If you try to engage them in a physical activity for more than five minutes, they'll collapse from exhaustion.

Good luck!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home