Monday, April 25, 2005

It's something.

My friend Valerie just had babies. Twins, to be exact. Reading her blog (www.home.earthlink.net/~vekann/) makes me feel like the laziest son of a bitch ever so I've decided: If Valerie can update her blog every damn day, by God SO CAN I! I don't promise that it'll be interesting but it'll be... something.

Today I made Rice Krispie treats for the second day in a row. (Yeah I ate the whole pan yesterday, so what?) Unfortunately I ran low of Krispies so I used Organic Spelt Flakes instead. It's... "good" might be a bit strong a word. But it has marshmallows!

The store where I'm interning (we'll call it "HOUSE") was good. The poor owners, I'm always fucking something up. I try to show initiative by telling the customers about how the SALE pottery is such a great deal because it can go in the microwave and the oven until I hear the owner whispering that it can't, actually, which is why it's on sale, or answering a question about the washability of the fantastic throws (FYI, you can't) ... Don't get me started on the gift wrapping. The owner has to stall for time while I'm back there wrestling with the freaking tissue paper. (There will be no tissue in my store. None.) At the rate I'm going I'll be working there for the next five years...

I need a bath.

5 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Aw shucks... yet I am incapable of putting stamp to envelope and mailing anything...

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can help you with the tissue. I worked gift wrap at neiman marcus on my winter breaks during college. I got some serious, "Look at the white college girl who can't wrap a present" eye rolling, until I stopped holding everything up. Good for me and my then skinny white ass, I'm a fast learner.
whatever you do, don't give up on tissue.
stef

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I don't know if I really want to know, but what are "spelt" flakes? "Spelt" sounds like something Kansans would fish out of the river.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Dan G said...

Every day? It's Wednesday. What happened to Tuesday?

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you are the store eye-candy!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home