Thursday, May 24, 2007

Whew, whole lotta nothing on this end, folks. I spent the last two hours working my way through a pan of No Pudge and the premiere episode of So You Think You Can Dance. I know I've got a book to write and a house to clean (dad's coming tomorrow) but c'mon, it's been a long week! Some people drink, some do drugs, I watch reality television! LET ME HAVE MY JOY!

While filling my maw with fistfuls of chocolate madness, I happened to run across a couple of commercials I didn't book. Man I hate that. Nothing puts a damper on your favorite show like seeing the job you didn't get (over and over and over). I must confess, the chick who booked one of the jobs is pretty damn funny (no hard feelings, girl) but seeing my husband up there with her - at least, the guy who'd played my husband - well, it's hard not to feel the ouch. I mean, in what other career are you confronted (repeatedly) with the jobs you didn't get? (Not to mention the fact that every time you see The Job You Didn't Get, you know the person who did get the job is getting paid. As you're sitting there!) I think about that fact every time I see those "Can you hear me now" ads. I mean, think about it -
Somebody came in second for that job.

Alls I have to say is, thank God that person wasn't me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

World's Greatest Invention : The DVR.
Watch TV when you have time, AND you don't have to watch the commercials!

Anyway, although he's rich, I've heard life has not been all that fun as the Verizon Guy. It's ALL HE CAN DO. can't cut his hair, waved goodbye to his dreams of a real acting career. Michael knows a guy who has trouble getting work because he LOOKS like the verixon guy. Used to work all the time. Ya never know.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home