Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Where's my senior discount?

Firstly, great ideas, all. I think I'm going to steal bits from you all, focusing on the burgeoning gastro-loveliness that is Hell's Kitchen. Since the only time I tend to eat out is on Date Night (known also as Sunday. You know how Thursday used to be the new Friday and Wednesday used to be the new Thursday? Well Sunday is the new... wait, what day is it?) I thought I'd ramble about wherever we went. And since that place tends to be on the cheap, I'll niche it up even more. I loved your suggestion, KPolly, but the thought of actually having to eat the grossness left me feeling woozy.

Anyway, first day back and what do I do? Throw my stinkin' back out. Which is how I ended up on all fours, moaning and cursing in the middle of a playground. (Of course the bewildered toddler, upon realizing that his babysitter was completely incapacated, chose to waddle juuuust out of babysitter's pained and desperate reach.) I've swallowed three Motrin, encased my lower back in bags of frozen blueberries (the chiropractor says ice, not heat) and pissed off catering bookers in an attempt to walk upright. I've seen the future and it is scary. I now stand at a 45 degree angle and make small, shuffling movements instead of walking. Holy crap, I'm 80! I miss my youth. Those carefree days when I could sit down without clutching the arm of the couch, when I didn't pine for a walker, when my back didn't seize when I picked up my cat... (Why did I just pick up my cat...)

I'm off to make myself some nice split pea soup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I'm sorry you feel old. I SAID, "I'M SORRY YOU FEEL OLD."

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home