Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The Jov - A little older, perhaps a little wiser.

Worked an event last night for cochlear implants at Lincoln Center. Great cause - lots (er, three) celebrities were there, including unlikely attendees Jay-Z and Russell Simmons. (Who, for some strange reason, was clutching a rosary. I've seen Cribs - isn't he a Buddhist?) There was also a private performance by Jon Bon Jovi. It was Bon Jovi Unplugged - just him, a guitarist and a violin player. As if that wasn't incongruous enough, whenever he spoke it was in a distinctly Southern twang. (Dude, you're from Jersey.) That said, his acoustic version of "It's My Life" might've made me tear up a little. (I'm not saying it did, I'm just saying.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

Dude, it was a benefit for cochlear implants. You'd think Jonny-boy would have the decency to plug in, so that everyone could hear him.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

That just made my day.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Sad thing is, I didn't even think about that irony until Dan mentioned it. Damn it, I'm slipping!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home