Thursday, October 27, 2005

A List of Things I Love; or The Most Self-Involved Post of 2005

Because feel like writing but don't feel like writing anything that would be, say, profitable, I'm going to make a list of the things I love. For the record, this list is strictly commercial. Purchasable happiness. Buyable delectability.

- My American Express frequent flier miles credit card. While not a purchase per-se, it allows me to purchase AND I get roughly one free flight a year from it. Just make sure you pay the card off in full every month. (Don't go squirrelling around with the APR on this bad-boy, it's a monster.)

- Pilot G-2 pens. I used to be a hard-core Le Pen fan but they're just too damn difficult to find, and since I refuse to write with a ball point (fine point felt tip is the only way to go) it's a bitch to hunt those suckers down. Luckily I discovered Pilot. Seriously, there's no point in writing with anything else.

- Bust Magazine. I want to write for Television Without Pity but they refuse to let me. (Or anyone else, for that matter.) I want to be paid to write for Gawker but that ain't gonna happen. In the meantime, I'll dream of coming up with something to pitch to Bust. (If you've got any ideas, send 'em to me. If I make money off of it, I'll make you dinner.)

- Jane Magazine. I KNOW I'M TOO OLD TO READ IT.

- Chevy's Fresh Mex. The margaritas are alcohol-free (in Manhattan, anyway) and the decor is decidedly Spring Break, but who can say no to chips made fresh from El Machino?

- Anything that's fresh tomato or grapefruit scented.

- Chocolate "creme" filled donuts from Duncan Donuts.

- Anthropologie and Kate's Paperie. Christmas is coming... Don't forget your favorite blogger! And me!

- Dianetics. Okay, so I actually don't love Dianetics but I'm desperate to read it and I can't bring myself to actually go to the library and check it out. But if anyone wanted to float a copy my way, I wouldn't be opposed.

To be continued...

6 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

What? No Chocolate? Okay, so there are donuts on the list, but they don't count. So disappointed...

12:06 PM  
Blogger Kat in da Hat said...

Don't allow L. Ron Hubbard into your home...look at TomKat!

Chevy's???? Honey, hit Hell's Kitchen 9th between like 42nd and 50th and eat some REAL Mexican food!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I know, I know. (Especially since I live in Hell's Kitchen.) But there's something about that place that sings to me...

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably subconsciously drawn to Chevy's because it reminds you of the multiple chain restaurants you were dragged to in your childhood (let's hear it for Showbiz Pizza!). It's very Midwestern in its own fake South-of-the-Border-interpreted-by-Midwesterners kind of way.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Showbiz pizza, huh? That would also explain your penchant for all things animatronic. Ahhh - there is an explanation for everthing!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

You live in Hell's Kitchen? Do you know Daredevil? Say "Hi" for me!!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home