Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I'm a failure as a wife.

I'm catering on Friday.

While that may not seem like the most heinous offense, consider this: Serenity opens on Friday.

I know, I KNOW! How could I possibly forget the greatest movie opening of the year? How could I ignore the plans we made with friends? How could I forsake my beloved Captain Tightpants?!

But I did. I spaced it. (Woo - punny!) I'm sorry Kate and Keeley. I'm sorry husband-with-a-cold. I will be hauling chairs and spilling wine and slopping slop for eleven hours instead of munching on foodstuffs and enjoying the intergalactic fray.

But most of all, I'm sorry Cap'n. Your tightpants will have to wait until next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

That's actually why we are moving to Kansas. So we can get family to babysit while we BOTH go to the movie at the same time.

Pretty clever...

1:38 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Wah!!!
So sad.

I told Matt I will go again with you, so you'll still get to see it with friends. If you want.

Because, yes, the Tightpants must be seen and admired.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

There is a lot to be said for built-in babysitters...

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home