Friday, September 23, 2005

A good samaritan. Maybe.


So my dad called me tonight to let me know that someone found my cell phone. The would-be good samaritan couldn't find my number (although I do have HOME programmed into the phone) and called dad to try and track me down.

At the risk of sounding cynical, my first thought was, "This has to be a scam". But hey, maybe it's not. Maybe some good guy really just did find my phone. If I found a phone I'd try to track the person down too.

Here's my question: Do I offer them reward money? I mean, is that expected? (I wouldn't expect money if I found a phone.)

If they really did find my phone, I think I might have to apologize for a few of the messages I left...

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Well, once during a lovely evening of dinner, ice cream, and a movie with friends in San Francisco, I got home only to discover that my checkbook (which happened to have my driver's license in it) fell out of my purse at some point during the evening. The reason I realized this was because the kind person who found it called our home and left a message. They mailed it to us thankfully, and we did choose to send a modest monetary reward. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $10-$20 I think. Because they could have had a hey day with those two items. I think it can go either way. Me I say a modest reward if there was no phone abuse.

9:51 PM  
Blogger jason said...

A fancy new restaurant opens in town and my wife indicates interest. I reply with a roll of the eyes indicating lack of interest based on the proprietor's rep. However, the next night I sneak over and make reservations as a surprise for our aniversary. I don't realize that I dropped my phone getting out of the car. Later that evening my wife and I are on the couch when mom comes down and says "Juls called, they have your cell phone." Bloody hell.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I was gonna vote $5 to $10, but you are in New York, so Missy's $10 to $20 range is probably more reasonable.

And I've never lost anything. Ever.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home