Monday, September 26, 2005

Help me out here, peeps!


I really enjoy reading "famous" blogs. You know, the ones where the author had some power of self-promotion or sexiness or children-chewing magic and managed to get their blog noticed amongst the thousands (nay, millions) of hunt-and-peck postings listed daily. I'm talking about the late, lamented Belle de Jour, or Mimi in New York ("40 countries, 12 boats, 37 flights, 46 assholes and 6 months later... Writing for The Village Voice, avoiding Bill O'Reilly and campaigning for immigrants whilst musing on anal sex and pissing off the religious right") or even I'm An Intern In New York ("My name is Andy, and I'm an intern in New York. This blog is a look into my subordinate soul, as I climb my way to the base of the professional ladder and experience New York City in general. You'll be here for the good times, the bad times, and of course, those situations somewhere in the middle, which I refer to as "bood" times.") but mostly these blogs just make me feel REALLY, REALLY COMPETETIVE. I mean, what've they got that I haven't got? Besides, like, talent and connections and... aw, crap.

I'm not alone in this, right? Right?! (Quiet, Dan.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

But keep in mind all the blogs of the really uninteresting people, designed to make the interesting people feel better. For more, see http://retracted.blogspot.com/

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home