Thursday, May 12, 2005

IF IT'S FREE, IT'S FOR ME!

Yeah, yeah, scare at the White House... President evacuated... All I know is, the guy in the plane? He's screwwwwwed.

This will probably apply to - oh - me but on NY1 yesterday they gave a list of sites that offer free music downloads. Since most places charge roughly $1 a song, this is exciting stuff. Amazon.com's got an amazing selection. If anyone's interested I'll tell you how to find them.

So Dave Chapelle's checked himself into a "mental health facility", huh? That's a damn shame. His show was seriously genius. My friend Stefanie worked on one of the last episodes and had quite an experience. I'd rather let her tell it in her own words (unless she doesn't feel like writing it, then I'll do the Cliff's Notes version)... Feel like sharing, Stef?

And finally: roaches. We have roaches. I know, I know, we live in New York, roaches are practically pets, blah-blah... BUT WE HAVE ROACHES! The exterminator can't come until next Tuesday which means:
A: I won't sleep for a week. (They crawl in your ears and lay eggs! Seriously, I heard that!)
B: I will no longer be carting in bottles from the recycling bin (I turn them in for the 5 cent deposit.) Some people have 401(k)'s, I stand next to homeless men and separate cans. But since roaches have been seen in the vicinity of the recycling room, that's the end of that. Bye-bye, tiny amounts of money...
C: The cats better get off their butts and start earning their keep. Can't roaches smell cats?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and may the force be with you as you combat your critter problem. I once had to take an entire day off work when I discovered mouse droppings in my kitchen cabinets on my way out the door to work. EVERY item in the cabinets and the cabinets themselves(whether they were near the evidence or not) had to be cleaned and santized. So I sympathize with your situation.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I can't think about it... I mean, at least it's not mice, right? (Although the cats would be THRILLED.)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Nothing beats the urban legend about the guy who was licking an envelope and got a papercut. The wound kept getting worse until it reopened and several baby cockroaches climbed out. Apparently a momma roach had laid her eggs in the glue on the envelope.

Wait... this isn't helping, is it?

(And the story is totally false, by the way.)

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

OH GOD! OH SWEET BABY JESUS!

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cat just kept sitting in the kitchen and staring at the cabinets. Worthless. She does a great job at beating the dog's ass however. I do think that mice are worse...maybe...I don't know I just don't do critters.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once lived in an apartment that was above a convenience store in Silver Spring, Maryland. Talk about roaches! I literally had them climbing out of the cabinets, up the walls and across the ceiling. I got to a point where I just left the kitchen light on all night so that I wouldn't be grossed out when I got up in the morning (as you know, turing on a light makes them scamper). I have over the years learned that the best way to get rid of them is to paint -- it'll drive the little buggers into someone else's apartment! Of course, that's only good until THEY paint and then the roaches will go somewhere else, possibly even back to YOUR place...

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home